Archive for March 2010
analog video feedback - painting with light:
a technology where you make light into sound primitively and all analog.
heres some links:
and using it in a dj/musician environment:
diy rfid reader:
my diy vj controller using theremin
its now cripled away and defunct. but it was a fun project.
today i thought why not use a slide scanner as back on your favorite analog cameras to make them digital. thios would also give high mega pixel.
It made me realise that you should take great care in what you choose - often in a cavalier moment - to place in your memory, because some things will sit there for ever, like a bad seed; like a shadow on the moon; like a crow on a fence in a dream.
ive always thought of lcd projectors as based on an overhead projector with full size lcd monitor screen.
but recently i realized there is another way to do it.
using a small lcd monitor sub 3″ and equipment salvaged from a slide projector plus an ultra brite LED you can make an ok projector for relatively small money.
here is an instructables on how to do just that:
- panasonic ave 5 video mixer.
- 2 dirty video mixers (http://www.karlklomp.nl/pro/dirtmx/dvmschema.jpg) for ruff source changing
- one laptop
- one vga to video converter
- open tzt for video vjing on da laptop
- processing for generative graphics on da laptop
- one home made midi controller with theremin.
- one hv20 canon camera
- one ps3 eye for generative opencv